Saturday, May 2, 2009

Bridal Shower for Amber

Ahhhh...my little Amber is getting married this next week and I can't believe it!!

I met Amber almost 2 years ago. Her family lives just outside of our circle. She started coming to Young Women's and we had so much fun at girl's camp a few years ago - she became another daughter to me! I love her so much!

I was so blissfully happy when she decided to take the missionary discussions at our house and then made an even bigger decision to be baptized. That was in October 2007. We have shared a lot of laughter and tears over these last couple of years. I am excited for her now to be married and share her life with her sweetheart, Nate!

I went to a Bridal Shower for Amber today. We made this beautiful dress for her with the wrapping paper and tissue paper. It was complete with a veil, train, necklace and bracelet! As you can tell, she was VERY excited to be wearing this dress. It is a tradition in my family for the bride-to-be to parade down the street in their lovely, new wedding dress. Amber was very lucky it was raining really hard today, or she would've met with the same fate!! "Nate, come and kiss the bow out of her hair!"

Amber is reading the card that I gave her. Another side note, they got engaged 2 weeks ago and are getting married next week. I would be pulling my hair out just about now! She is holding up really well!
I love Amber and am so excited that she is getting married. I wish her all the best in her new adventures in love and life!

1 comment:

  1. I'd be pulling my hair out too! That's fast! Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete