Friday, May 1, 2009

A Spring Concert

Monticello Academy had a choir and band concert for the 6th and 7th graders called "A Spring Concert". It was a lot of fun and Taylor did such a great job.

Taylor wasn't really excited about the songs that they were singing, but I thought they were fun and a great selection! The 7th graders sang "Let the Music Ring". The boys sang "Aura Lee" and the girls sang "Danny Boy". Then the 6th and 7th graders combined for "Circle of Life with Nants Ingonyama".

There was one band number that the 6th graders did that was kind of long and all over the place. My sister, Tonja, leaned over to me and said, "What kind of song is this?" and we both started giggling like we did when we were little girls. It was hard to stop giggling at that point and we were on the front row. I kept trying to breathe and think about other things....oops! We used to always giggle during prayers too - so rowdy!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your moment with Tonja...too cute!!! My sister and I call that the peepee laugh. Nothing like a sister to get you to laugh!

    Your family is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...I loved the giggle thing...our family has always had that problem and usually at the most inappropriate time of course...there is nothing harder than try to stop laughing, I think it almost gets worse and can I just tell you, I have been embarrassed on more than one occasion in my lifetime, and I'm sure there will be other occasions...fun memories!!

    ReplyDelete