Sunday, May 3, 2009

GRATITUDE

I have been thinking a lot about gratitude the past few days. I would like to list some things that my family is grateful for today, at this precise moment.
  • Family and friends who love and support our family, no matter what
  • Our beautiful home
  • Life
  • The smell of rain
  • Homemade chocolate chip cookies
  • Books
  • The Savior and His Atonement
  • Prayer
  • Snuggling
  • Kisses
  • Food
  • Robins just outside our window
  • Green grass
  • Music
  • Heavenly Father's love for us
Henry Ward Beecher said, "Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul."

It has been wonderful to ponder these things that we are grateful for. It brightens the day and lightens the load we sometimes feel we are destined to carry.

I was having a really bad day last Saturday and I had three dear friends stop by at different moments of the day to visit me! It is amazing to me how, through the bonds of friendship and love, we can touch each others lives and reach out to help each other at just the perfect time!

I am grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment